Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Upgrade MOSS 2007 Standard to Enterprise Edition

When I realised I installed the wrong version of SharePoint Server 2007 for a client I was worried that I might have to do a complete reinstall to upgrade to the Enterprise version. After a bit of searching I found a MUCH easier way to upgrade SharePoint from the Standard to Enterprise Edition. All you have to do is change the license key.

Convert the License Type:
  1. Go to Central Administration > Operations
  2. Select Convert license type
  3. Enter the license key for the Enterprise Edition

Enable Enterprise Features:
  1. Go to Central Administration > Operations > Enable Enterprise Features
  2. Choose Enterprise and click OK

Enable Enterprise Features (Existing Sites):
  1. Go to Central Administration > Operations > Enable Enterprise Features on Existing Sites
  2. Select the check box and click OK

No comments: